Instructional Designer (Instructor)
Anticipated Position for FAA ACADEMY TECHNICAL OPERATIONS DIVISION (AMA-400)
Chickasaw Nation Industries is one of the largest tribally-owned contractors in the United States. With more than 20 years of experience, we provide cutting-edge services for federal and commercial clients across the country. We are proud to support the economic development of the Chickasaw Nation and to contribute to the tribal mission of enhancing the overall quality of life of the Chickasaw people. As a tribal owned organization, CNI fosters a diverse culture. We focus on building integrated teams that offer innovative approaches and customer-centered services. At CNI, our work is not only successful and profitable, but employees know they make a difference as a portion of our profits help create scholarships, develop educational programs, and establish health care facilities and senior centers for the Chickasaw Nation. Work for more than yourself, work for a Nation!
CNI has an anticipated opening for a follow on requirement supporting the FAA Academy Technical Operations Training Division in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This is a very important support requirement that provides technical training, supporting the future of the National Airspace System (NAS). It is expected that the final Request for Proposal will be released soon; therefore, our firm is inviting personnel experienced in this requirement to submit their resumes for the anticipated positions below. A
An anticipated position denotes that we are currently evaluating the work or preparing a proposal.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Instructional Designer (Instructor)
Under the direction of the contract Program Manager, development and revision, is to be performed on resident, field, and self-paced, technical training courses. In addition personnel provide content input and review for computer-based instruction (CBI), eLearning, video based, and other distance learning technical training course development and revision efforts. All development, revision, and production is done in accordance with FAA training standards, policies, and guidelines such as, but not limited to, the latest versions of FAA Standard 028C, "Contract Training Programs", and FAA Order 3000.57, "Air Traffic Organization Technical Operations Training and Personnel Certification Programs.” Collaboration with subject matter experts (SME) and other project team members will also be incorporated for such development, revision, and production. Instructor development and revision personnel:
- Serves as SME, researching and providing the technical expertise to be used in the course development or revision project(s).
- Develops or revises training materials such as wall charts, prepared notes, web cast scripts, training handbooks, lesson plans, exams, and other course documentation to ensure the technical accuracy of the training content. Ensures inclusion of all safety related procedures and guidelines within the development and revision of assigned equipment courseware.
- Delivers instructional materials in accordance with training requirements and delivery milestones.
- Writes, proofreads, and edits training documentation and materials for objectivity, writing style, manner of presentation, and format.
- Demonstrates experience in Microsoft Office© (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other software applications, to develop text-based documentation and perform minor modifications to existing documentation.
Education. Shall meet at least one of the following:
- Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology, Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited College or University, or
- Electronic Technology or Electro-Mechanics Technology, Associate degree or vocational certificate, or
- Government, Private Sector, or military specific training on same or similar NAS system(s).
Experience. Shall have at least four (4) years in any combination of the following positions:
- Technical: Government or Private Industry Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electro-Mechanics Technology, Information Technology.
- Instructional: Government or Private Industry Electronics Technology or Mechanical Electronics Technology.
Specialized FAA System Experience. Shall have a minimum of two (2) years working or instructing experience in at least one (1) of the following designated FAA specialty areas:
- Information Systems